*it's not about the money; it's about changing the noise
*noise shakes windows and dishes
*very hard to get used to
*disrupts family life
*cannot open windows in summer
*something happened 2015-2016
*I miss fresh air, listening to birds, etc.
*pillow over head and earplugs do not block the jet noise
*have spent tens of thousands on insulated glass and doors to no avail
*house bought in 2014 was blessedly quiet
*takeoff noise all day long
*no change in level of noise pollution
*feels like I'm on the plane "rolling out"
* plays audiobooks and music to drown out jet noise
* believes planes are powering engines harder
after the 2014-2015 airport runway project
*both children need sound machines to sleep
*when grandparents visit, they complain about airport noise
*cannot use outdoor area
*worse certain times of the year
*when we assessed house before buying it, were convinced the airport noise wasn't a problem; sickened to move in and find out it is
*complained repeatedly to airport about noise to no avail
*Runway 1 is the problem
* Hearing ability, blood pressure, sleep deprivation causing medical issues. Many studies on aircraft noise bear this out.
* smells jet fuel
* noise increased about 2015
* not about the money; about the quality of life
* noise interrupts sleep
* hears rumbling
* noise surrounds whole house
* What is THAT?
* heard incredible rumbling in church ceilings
* This is a problem
* Feels helpless
* frustrated that complains to SFO get nowhere
*hears noise in yard, gym, school
*noise wakes her
*continues to have migraines and headaches
*insulation didn't help
*needs iPad with music to fall asleep; ear painful in morning
*SFO not doing enough to help the community
*spoke at SFO roundtable meeting to no avail
* SFO has no backblast wall containments or other structures
*before he bought his house, he listening in a nearby parked car
several times; heard no noise; shocked to hear the noise
after he moved in
*feels like SFO "unfixed" something in 2016
*never felt vibrations, irritation, sound, noise, rumble before
*When family comes to stay, they ask
"What was that in the middle of the night?"
*noise is so loud that conversation stops when walking
*awakened by noise 2 AM
*windows rattle now
*house vibrates now
*it's a lovely environment that gets blasted
*back blast disrupts quality of life
* windows, water heater rattles
*interrupts business calls
*gets anxious when family comes to visit
* grandchildren cry
*at dinner table, conversation stops
*gave up complaining to SFO
*no more enjoyment of home and property
*situation is ridiculous and it's getting worse
* during past 4 years, noise level has gone up dramatically
* daily lives affected, intrusive rumblings, windows vibrate
* worst in the night
* difficult to sleep
* observed that airport metal barriers have been replaced
with something lower, not curved, not substantial
*all complaints to SFO have been ignored
*hopes CCSF will no longer be the neighborhood bully
* causing some personal health risks especially with late night rev-ups
*when I looked at SFO's sound recordings at my home, not much there. But the noise was eye-popping when I was present during the recording.
*after a 2019 SFO runway takeoff issue,
all planes are ordered to take off on full power
*commercial pilot concerned about family's health, sleep
*sat in his car and listened before bought his home...
*wife wears earplugs
*his 2-year-old child has trouble sleeping at night
*husband wears earplugs
*must close windows
*son wears noise-canceling headphones
*put in double pane windows in 2000 but still hear roar at all hours
*has tried to keep a record but noise causes her to lose concentration
*roars heard over the stove ventilation
*sometimes noise is every 2-3 minutes
*trying to block out the noise doesn't work
*beautiful days, weather, BBQ, garden - it's soo loud
* it's apocalyptic
*houseguests from Spain noticed the noise;
*dinner party with neighbors - noise topic brought up
*bought home 20 years ago; bucolic; then back blast started a few years ago; particularly bothersome in summer
* grandchild couldn't sleep due to noise
*brother-in-law couldn't sleep due to noise
* sounds like a drag racer is preparing to go
*two scientists work with teleconferences at home but must stop if airport noise interrupts it
*How can you defend anything that's ruining our lives?
I'm deaf in one ear.
*Neighbors wear headphones when walk their dogs.
*spent less and less time in back yard
* Children from visiting Europeans cry at night, thinking it's an earthquake
* SFO ignored her complaints.
*Is concerned she must admit all this if fills out full disclosure
when she sells her house
*House shakes at least two nights a week
* Home has been remodeled; is structurally sound,
and yet must close all windows on weekends
* much house shaking in last few years
* the shaking now triggers his security alerts in his driveway
* spent $100,000 from 2016 to 2018 to reduce the rattle; thought he was the only one hearing it, but all neighbors agreed.
* one loud sound makes him stop what he's doing; waits for it to stop; windows shake; glasses in cupboard tinkle
*visitors comment on it
*low frequency bothers him
*noise has become very different over last 3 or so years; must close windows, house shakes, has to stop till it passes
* really bad, hurtful, harmful
* gets dismissive replies from SFO when complains
* the peace and quiet of the new home was a key feature in buying it for the 2 doctors who need calm; now noise takes a personal toll on the family; noise wakes up children in the early morning; didn't help to upgrade to double pane; home is no longer a sanctuary
* noise rattles bedroom door frames; windows closed at night; it's like living next to a constant neighbor with OCD who carpet-vacuums his car each night; things started to change about 2016
* things changed; noise cuts through earplugs; new windows and doors didn't stop the noise; plates, glasses rattle and move on tabletops.
*constant roars and vibrations on take off; can't open windows in summer; built outdoor area at home in early 2018; Mom and old friends come down for lunch; one lady comment on the jets throughout the day
* this is my first time in court in a lifetime and I don't take it lightly
* like there's a Harley in my back yard
* my main issue is to get to sleep and stay asleep; last couple of years has gotten extremely worse; "There's a jet engine at the corner of Balboa and ______", he reports. Sometimes shakes the rebuilt garage; levels of noise run from screeching to consistent; comparable to war sounds;
* has lived in 5 Hillsborough/Burlingame locales until bought home with airport view; noticed increase in noise with glass rattling; in 2015 had back yard party for daughter; had to keep turning up outdoor speakers; can't leave windows open at night; rumbling noise; absolutely
becoming a nuisance; changing the way he feels about his house
* previous house near El Camino in Millbrae was too noisy so moved in the hills to this quiet home; was sooo quiet; now noise is getting out of hand; all night; wakes her up 5 AM; rarely goes outside to back yard; windows and doors shut tight;
* moved from East Coast February 2018 to SM Park; not prepared for the noise that began April 2018; irregular, stops/starts/intensity changes; difficult to ignore; very hot in the house in summer with all openings closed; can't eat lunch outdoors; son Harvard medical school who says noise is too distracting for him to study on visits home; has made up to 30 reports a day to SFO; when she remarked to SFO about a calm weekend, someone said Runway 1R was closed for repair that weekend; noise is grating; runway noise dictates her sleeping hours
*Rattling, unsettling; works from home; so distracting, it's hard to work with numbers; asked son to stop talking and wait till sound subsided;
get awakened by runway noise;
*lives 3 miles from end of 1L and1R. Lots of time in home and garden; now needs to go in house when roar is too much; feels like she's on a plane going down 1L and 1R. Used to be blast fences at the end of 1L and 1R but not now; she sees no noise abatement structures there now.
* Had double paned windows installed; overhead craft not a problem; a few years ago, began to hear runway noise several times a minute; noise has profound effect. Has tried Rx to sleep. too drowsy. Mood alteration, health issue.
* loves Hillsborough, had been in downtown SF; noticed significant airport noise 11 PM - 1 AM; morning-evening- difficult to sleep for whole family; tried sfo online complaint form but gave up; no captcha visible;
SFO website not working
*has lived around here her whole life; familiar with different runway noises; may 2018 had to move guests back into house due to backblast noise; loves to garden while listening to Giants on radio but backblast drowns out the radio now; calling the Noise Abatement Office aggravated her more than not calling them
* feels increasingly helpless to noise; added sound-reducing insulation, double-layer sheetrock. Hears the war and rumbles. The more she complains, the. more aggravated she gets.
* furnace and hot water heater rattle. Works at home. Phone calls interrupted; grandchildren cry.
* bought home 2010. Now notices the rumbling, vibrating
* has small children they put to bed 7 PM; makes room dark and quiet with shades down; sound machine; mom then tries to sleep on couch but hears backblast clearly; has fancy sound machine to drown out noise; doesn't get quality sleep;
*Noise bothers wife; shutter, French doors, windows shake, disappointed, no peace and quiet at night;
* on cold winter night, by warm fire and glass of wine, a whoosh of runway noise made a barrage down the fireplace.
* When daughter said she'd like to get married one day in our garden, I knew that couldn't happen while we're wrestling with the airport and the CCSF. Her ceremony could very well get drowned out by jet back blasts.